Wednesday 9 March 2011

Charley Harper work in progress

This is the piece I chose for inspiration on the Charley Harper quilt along, I love birds and the colours suit me too. I have to say I loved all the art work I looked at and it was a difficult decision.

I've gone for a linen back ground, and ironed on my pieces ( so far so good ).


I've hand stitched the outline, I did think about free motion on the machine, but I was scared I might ruin it. 
So thats how far I am and I think it's really nice. 
I'm going to make them into mug rugs for our bedside tables this one will be mine and the little grey bird at the top will be Woody's I particularly love the little ant on that picture. Thats the best thing about Charlie Harper's work the more you look the more you see. 

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! I started on my piece today too and have got as far as cutting out and fusing on the shapes for one little birdie. I'm also planning on handstitching, as I still have not got the hang of freemotion sewing! There were so many lovely pictures to choose from, it was really hard to pick just one! I've ordered a book of Charley Harper postcards from amazon as well, so I may end up making more than one piece. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird is looking really nice, I love it !! Nic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fabrics - looking great

    ReplyDelete