Thursday 19 May 2011

Hello

Hello, sorry for the lengthly silence, we have been on a little holiday to France not much to show or tell just a sunny, relaxing, swimming everyday, break for us all and it was lovely.
Bump...back to reality, school fair? Well I've decided against it, I would only have a few weeks to get things made and one of those is half term and being realistic do I really want to spend hours making things that I can only sell for a few pounds? I am going to make a cake and donate a raffle prize instead, which will make time for me to spend the next few weeks gardening, yay. Also it will give me time to concentrate on a lovely quilt along at contented which has just about finished now, I'm really sorry Rachel.
As I haven't made anything I thought I would show you what has been growing instead.


 I love this border it's turning out just how I want it, it needs a bit edging and weeding but thats a quick job.


 The lavender is looking promising this year, I have to buy lavender but it is very satisfying knowing that some of your own went in too.





My lovely roses, the scent of the purple one fills the garden, especially in the evening, lovely.
Right I'm off to do some more planting (vegetables, this time).
Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Hey, welcome back! love the roses but hopefully you will still find time for a little stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a very good call on the school fair, I think most people attending are only interested in small money purchases so it's very difficult to make a return on your time and materials, and a nice cake will always go down well (and be less disheartening).  Hope you're feeling nice and relaxed after your holiday. Beth :)

    ReplyDelete