Tuesday 18 October 2011

I need to make this!


When I got this book (Scandinavian Needlecraft) even though it was nowhere near Christmas I knew I wanted this lovely Folk bird garland in my house, I almost made it there and then.
I have struggled to get hold of nice felt, it has either been really expensive or too big or too small. Kirsty from ThatCraftyFish has recently started stocking wool felt in manageable sizes here: Fuzzy Fish. So I ordered 1/2 a meter of Bunny white wool felt, although it is not as thick as I would have liked it is far more substantial than normal felt, soft, the colour is just perfect and it arrived very quickly yay. So I set to work, it isn't finished yet so this is a work in progress post, I have rather a lot more birds to cut and stitch. I'm mostly doing this in the evening when Casper the dog sleeps at my feet, which allows me to get on in peace.





Evening stitching with a glass of wine and a sleepy puppy hot water bottle, bliss.
Emma x

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I have that book too and still haven't made anything from it! Can't wait to see your completed garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh they are lovely. Do you put two together and stuff them or are they flat birds? I think whichever way they'll be gorgeous.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I want to make some now!! I found a great felt-seller recently, she's called Feltgirl and she sells on Folksy.

    ReplyDelete