Friday 11 January 2013

Amaryllis...and a bit of bunting too




 So each year I like to treat myself to an Amaryllis and usually I just get one from the supermarket or wherever I happen to see one.
Well this year I treated myself to three really nice ones from Sarah Raven, they were alot of money and I hoped they would be worth it.
Oh my goodness it is worth spending a bit more, I wasn't disappointed.



This one is called Liberty, she had four beautiful flowers on this stem and there's another flower head waiting to take over when this one is done.


This one is called Emerald, I've never seen another like it, this picture was taken just as it opened, shortly after all the flowers burst open, very delicate and pretty.


Last but not least, this one is called Green Goddess and also has another flower head to come and they were all in flower for Christmas day...that was definitely a fluke.
I'm going to put them in the garden over the summer, then lift them and grow them again next year, apparently this is very achievable...we'll see.

After having a look at bunting on pinterest and flickr I decided to try some different shapes, I decided on a sort of square with rounded edges.




Well it certainly brightens up the kitchen window.....I still love the traditional triangle flags though.

Have a fantastic weekend,
Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment